Thursday, November 17, 2022

How to make a silly eyeglass holder

Hello Readers, DIY'ers, and crafty people.




Now I can generally find me a pair of glasses when needed, and I know where to put them when I don't need them.  And there you go.   It is a short little afternoon project.

Today I have a little project you might call silly or fun, but honestly it helps me in my quest to finally get my act together and be organized.  Ha Ha. that will be the day.  But I still love the idea of everything having it's place in this world.  And I have made a little place for my many pairs of dollar store reading glasses.  It is really easy.  I think the kids will love it.
Equipment and supplies:
wood glue, 
1/2: dowel
1/2"drill bit
1" x 4" x 12: piece of scrap wood.
1/4" thick scrap wood for details.  

First thing is to draw the outline of your pattern onto your 12" piece of wood.   You can draw the details as well which will come in handy when you start to paint.

Next using the Proxxon mini bandsaw or the Proxxon mini scroll saw cut out the perimeter of your pattern.  



Next sand it well.  In the picture below I am using the Proxxon cordless mini belt sander.



On the bottom where the little statue will rest on the table I made a cut on the proxxon mini bandsaw with the table tilted slightly so that he will lean back. 


I made a small support I will glue onto the back so he will stand. Just cut out a triangle with approx. 2-3" sides.  (Something for him to lean on)  
Cut your dowel "noses" about 1 1/2" long.  I had 4 faces so I needed 4 of these.

Drill 1/2" holes approximately 1/2 way through the faces where the noses will fit.  I aimed the drill at a slight upward angle, so his nose was tipped a little.


\
I used plaid paints to paint my critters.

Pop in the noses.  Use a little glue if necessary to secure them.

For added interest I cut out a few pieces using the Proxxonj mini scroll saw that will add a little dimension to my guys.  (ears for the cat, eyes for the scarecrow, mustache for the man etc)

Then glue them on.  

Put on the glasses and see how cute it is.  


 
Thanks for visiting.    Till next time.  Make something just for fun.     Carol

Thanks Proxxon.  

No comments: