Saturday, February 11, 2023

How To Make Picture Frame Ornaments Using Proxxon Tools

 

    

Hi everyone.  Today I'm going to show you how I made these miniature ornaments for a tree I have on display in my spare bedroom.  The room has a nautical theme.  Follow along and I'll show you how I made them using Proxxon tools.


Supplies: 
   Proxxon Micro Band Saw   
   Proxxon Miter Saw
   Proxxon Table Saw
   Plaid Paint
   Scrap pine
   Scrap thin Plywood
   Assorted photos
   Wood Glue
   String


First I ripped some thin strips of wood using the Proxxon Table Saw.




Theen taking those strips I ripped out a notch without cutting all the way through.



Turning the strip again I ripped out a notch going the other direction. This made a rabbit on the edge of the strip that the picture will slip into.


I then took my strips and measured the sides to figure out the size I wanted my frames and cut at right angles on the Proxxon Miter saw.






Next I glued the corners together and let dry.




I had found a few ship pictures online and printed them to fit my tiny frames.  I cut backs for each photo out of thin plywood using the Proxxon Micro band Saw that would fit into the backs of each frame.






I used Mod Podge to secure the photos to the plywood backs.



I then tried them in the frames to make sure they fit.




I removed the pictures then painted each of the frames with black Plaid Paint.  I returned the photos to the frames and painted the backs.



Lastly I applied a string to the backs with glue for hanging.



These are going to look so adorable on my little nautical tree.  Thanks for following along...
Colleen



































No comments: