Saturday, September 30, 2023

Easy Glass etching

 Hi everyone.   

    Today I want to show you something different.  I want to show you how easy it is to etch on glass,  In fact, almost any glass surface can be etched using the Proxxon engraving tool. You will be amazed at how easy this is to do.   I know I was.  



Supplies and Equipment

1. a glass surface to etch on  

2. Proxxon engraving tool

3 Etching bit which is a diamond coated burr.

4 Safety glasses

5 a pattern or drawing to work from (unless you are awfully brave and feel like winging it.


I chose a very simple pattern to do today.  

It has a couple elements and some writing so I can show off the tool.   

1st step is to either draw it on the cup or what we are going to do which is to place it on the inside of the glass where we can trace over it with our engraver tool.


Now enjoy the video.   Please excuse my multiple faux pas.  I am a rank amateur as a videographer.  


Here is the final result after I added a few more touches.  I put the liquid in the cups to emphasize the engraving.   Mike has his cup and I have mine,  I don't see how they can confused now.  😵



I forgot how fun the Proxxon engraving tool was.   Personalize something for someone and it becomes special.  A few ideas; wedding aniversaries, baby births, birthdays, graduations etc.   Have fun.  

Thanks for visiting.  Come back soon for some more creative fun.  Carol

No comments: