Friday, July 15, 2016

Relax Beach Sign

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with what I hope will be a sign to help you relax, slow down and enjoy summer.


 
 
I started with a sign I picked up after  St. Patrick's Day.  I wasn't a fan of the sign but thought I might be able to repurpose it.
 

Using the Delta Sander, I sanded down the panels removing the embossing and some of the wording.  Once sanded, I painted on several coats of Jamestown Blue Milk Paint by Plaid, allowing each layer to dry before painting the next layer.  After it dried, I painted on a very light coat of Petticoat Milk Paint by Plaid on top.



I knew I wanted to use RELAX as the main theme, so I drew the letters on squares of Balsa-Foam from American Foam Technologies.
 
 
Using the Scroll Saw, I carefully cut the letters apart.  It was easy to cut these Balsa-Foam letters with the newest addition to my tool collection.  I'll admit I was a little nervous using the Scroll Saw, but you have total control of the speed of the cuts.
 

 
Once the letters were cut, I painted them with Jamestown Blue Milk Paint by Plaid


 The letters fit perfectly across the top of the sign.  I love how 3 dimensional they are.


Next, I die cut a beach chair, then lightly brushed on a touch of Petticoat Milk Paint by Plaid to create a distressed effect. 


 
I can totally see myself sitting on that beach chair and relaxing, can't you?


Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit the blog often as we have so many projects to share with you.

Steph

 

No comments: