Friday, November 11, 2016

Christmas Shadowbox

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a Christmas shadowbox.

As we approach the holidays, I love to create projects I can display or give as gifts.

 
I picked up some wood boxes on clearance after Halloween and decided to upcyle one into a Christmas shadowbox. 
 
 
Using the Delta Sander, I sanded the box.  I love the shape of the head of the Delta Sander because it gets into the corners of boxes.  I painted the interior with Plaid Milk Paint in Petticoat then sanded the box again.

 
Next, I used  modeling paste through a stencil to create a brick effect.  A little bit of red paint provided a faux brick.
 
 
Onto the details.  I added burlap along the bottom edge for the hearth.
 
 
Pattern paper was added to the background to simulate wallpaper.  I created a fireplace mantle and hung the  die cut stockings with care.  In the corner I adhered a Christmas tree and assorted packages.
 

And finally, a trio of reindeers was added to the corner.

Thanks for stopping by today.
 

No comments: