Friday, May 5, 2017

Studio Sign

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a sign I've created to hang outside my studio.


Starting with an old wood sign, I painted it with Plaid Milk Paint in Petticoat.  For a smoother finish, I sanded it with the Delta Sander, then repainted it with Petticoat Milk Paint.


I wanted a large initial so I die cut a large "S",  Using the negative as a stencil, I taped it to the sign then painted it with Plaid's Coastal Texture Paint in Seal Grey.


I removed the stencil and allowed it to dry.


Once dry, I covered the "S", then used another stencil with Plaid's Coastal Paint in Sea Mist.    I love the splatter look - reminds me of paint splatters - and it provides a little dimension.


I needed to enlarge the hole in the top of the board, so I used the Delta Jig Saw.


I painted Plaid's Milk Paint in Meeting House Blue around the edges of the sign.  Finally, I painted a layer of Milk Paint Finishing Oil on top.


Now it's ready to display and direct everyone to my studio.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments: