Friday, May 19, 2017

Fashionable Jewelry Box

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with an altered jewelry box.  What girl wouldn't love getting this as a gift?


I used the Delta Sander to sand and distress the box.  I wanted to remove some of the finish so the paint I wanted to use would adhere to the jewelry box.  I then taped off the mirror and used the Pensander to sand around the mirror.  Since this are is about 1", the Pensander was the perfect tool to use.


Before removing the tape, I painted on a light layer of  FolkArt ® Color Shift™ Acrylic Paint in Red Flash.


I decorated the mirror using etchallⓇ to stencil a design on the mirror.


After taping off the top edge, I painted gesso on top.  Once dry, I painted FolkArt ® Color Shift™ Acrylic Paint in Red Flash and Purple Flash. Combining the two colors gave me an amazing pinky/purply color.  Next, I painted on FolkArt ® Brushed Metal™ Acrylic Paint in Dark Grey.   Using a baby wipe I blended Dark Grey to soften the color.


Once dry, I decorated with a stencil using molding paste.  I also added Makin's Clay elements and flowers created with Rinea Foils.



Thanks for stopping by today.




No comments: