Friday, September 22, 2017

A wonderful Halloweenie/Fall Mask

My Proxxon Tools have helped me make a really awesome Fall/Halloweenie type mask for this post! I love the Fall time of year with all the colors and smells and food that goes with it, not to mention the Holidays. This mask pretty much takes you through a large part of Fall.


These are the supplies that you need:

Proxxon Delta Sander
Proxxon Jig Saw
Alcohol Inks
Acrylic Paint
Glitter Paint
Paint brush
Pencil
Fall foliage
Leather lace

I started out with a cleaned gourd (outside). I then cut it down the middle and cleaned out the insides. We know by now what the messy insides look like don't we? Please wear a respirator whenever you cut, clean or carve on a gourd. Anything which causes dust from the gourd to be discharged into the air. You really don't want the gourd dust to enter your lungs because it can cause what they call gourd pneumonia. Once I had cleaned the insides out of the gourd halves, I sanded any rough edges and I painted the back or inside part of the gourds orange and when that dried I painted glitter paint on top of the orange paint. It made for a nice glittery orange color on the inside of the mask. After that was finished, I inked the front or outside of the halves with alcohol inks in an orange and then a caramel color. When all was dry I drew a jack-o-lantern face on the front or outside of the gourd and cut it out.
These are the gourd masks finished to this point. I then drilled a hole in the top front of the gourd and

a hole on either side of the gourd at the top. I used some black paint to paint the inside of the cutouts. I then put the leather lace through to make a hanger. The first hole that I made I put some floral embellishment in.

Now isn't this just cute?  Put you a battery powered tea light inside the mouth and I wouldn't just hang it for Halloween, oh no I would hang it from the first day of Fall to a couple of days after Halloween or until I could get something up for Thanksgiving. See how simple some things can be made with the aid of Proxxon Tools ? You need to really think hard about that Proxxon Jig Saw cause it's perfect.

Barbara

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That turned out great!

Carol Wulf said...

I really like that. Cute pumpkin. Good directions. I think I might make me one. Or maybe two or three

Dorothy said...

Misty, I watched the pumpkin gourd and the folding screen for Fall. They are both great and your presentation was easy to understand. Keep up the good work. Dorothy

Misty said...

Barbara the mask are great. I have not done a mask yet and have a yen to do one but kind of keep getting sidetracked. I love yours and I am with you not just for Halloween all season. Very good work and great directions. Hugs and Love.

Unknown said...

Love it Misty

Steph Ackerman said...

These are fabulous!