Friday, September 1, 2017

Miniature Planters with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today and I found a couple small boxes in my stash and thought they'd make perfect little planters for my patio.



I began by sanding each box with the Delta Sander.  Next, I used  FolkArt Brushed Metal paint, painting one with Brushed Copper and the other with Brushed Antique Gold.  I painted 3 coats on each, sanding between each layer.

Using a FolkArt stencil, I selected one of the designs and painted it with FolkArt Color Shift paint in Green Flash.



 

To create drainage, I used the Precision Rotary Tool to drill holes in the bottom of each planter.  This is such a handy tool to have.


Next, I used a larger drill bit to drill holes in the sides of each planter.  This way I can hang the planters if I decide to.



I'm thinking these planters can double as bird feeders during the winter.
 


The planters look so pretty filled with flowers and sitting on my patio. 
 

 
I can't wait for the flowers to fully bloom.

 
Thanks for stopping by.
 

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute and easy project! Can be decorated anyway you want to.

Carol Wulf said...

That is a neat project. Looks fun to make and easy too. I'm gonna make some and hang them on the fence next spring !!

Misty said...

Super project can think of a few ways it would work around the house. Also in our yard. I have not had a lot of experience in stenciling but yours look so good. Thank you for sharing.