Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Hello Spring Decor piece made with Proxxon Tools and Plaid Paints!

Yes, in case you've noticed, I've become a mason jar decor lover. My last post involved scones and this one involves the jars in a box. Either one or actually both of them will certainly make your home ready for Spring!





The Supplies Needed For this Project Are:

Wood (I re-purposed some)
Paint Brushes
3 Mason Jars
3 Egg Gourds
3 Skewers
Assorted Small flowers
Raffia
Nails
Hammer
Pastel tissue paper




I used my Proxxon Band Saw
and started by cutting five pieces of wood out. Dimensions: Front and Back Panels 12" X 4", Two end pieces 4 3/4" X 4", and one Bottom piece 3 1/4" wide X 10 1/2" long. All of the wood was 3/4" thick.

I nailed the pieces together.
And formed a box. 
Once that was completed, I used my Delta Sander to sand off any rough edges and painted the box with Plaid Chalk Paint .

While the paint was drying on the box, I painted the jars on the inside with Martha Stewart Chalk Paint which is made by Plaid .I also painted the gourd eggs with the same Plaid paint. I then painted the gourd eggs with the NEW Plaid Glitterific Paint . I'm telling you this stuff is fantastic! Easy to put on, when the layer is dry just add another layer if you want your glitter to be thicker. You don't have to worry about a glitter mess because the glitter is encased in a clear acrylic. Just wonderful stuff.

I also used my Cricut and cut out the wording that I put on the front of the box, tied raffia around the neck of each bottle, placed pastel tissue paper inside each jar and arranged the eggs and flowers inside the jars. Once all was arranged, this is what my Spring box looked like.

You should be able to display this arrangement for quite awhile. At least until the first day of Summer? The way old man Winter keeps showing up in places around the country this could be true.
Please leave me a comment and let me know how you liked this project. Thank you
Barbara


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I need this for my tablescape!

Misty said...

For the third time I will try to make this post.
Bottom line is I love it. Perfect design It would look
lovely in our home. Your choice of colors could not be
better.

Carol Wulf said...

I love how this turned out. It would look great sitting on any table, coffee table, dining room table, I could even see it in a bathroom. Nice job.