Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Cute Laundry Room Helper

Well my Proxxon Tools and Plaid Paints helped me create a cute laundry room helper, or just a cute piece of laundry room decor. haha




Supplies needed for this project:

Wood - 1 piece 11"X 14", 2 pieces 2" wide and 11" long cut on a 45 degree angle, and 2 pieces 2" wide and 14" long cut on a 45 degree angle.
Proxxon Band Saw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Plaid Mod Podge - Glossy
Plaid Home Decor Chalk Paint - Yellow Crochet
Sharpie Marker - Wide
2 Paint Brushes
Napkin
Scrapbook Paper
String
Decorative Upholstery Tacks
Hammer
Scissors
Tiny Clothespins
Large picture hanger w/brads


To begin with I cut out all of my pieces of wood on the Proxxon Band Saw
I then used the Proxxon Delta Sander to sand off any rough spots and splinters from the wood.
I took my scrapbook paper and decoupaged it to the base piece of wood before I tacked on the frame part of the project. I decoupaged it and then used the Plaid Mod Podge glossy to put two coats of the Plaid Mod Podge on top of the paper.
I then painted the frame part of the project with the Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in Yellow Crochet. Once this was done I cut some butterflies out of a napkin and decopauged them to the frame with the Plaid Mod Podge - Glossy and added an extra couple of coats on top of the butterflies. 



I took my wide Sharpie and wrote the saying " Clean. Single. Looking for a mate" on the frame and applied three coats of the Plaid Mod Podge - Glossy to the whole frame. I flipped it over when dry and tacked on the picture hanger. I tacked on the string using upholstery tacks to hold it tight, and using the tiny clothespins I hung up three baby socks which really didn't have mates.

I thought this turned out really cute and I have a nephew whose daughter's socks were lost that this may go to lol. (I think the washer eats them).
Please take the time to look at all of the tools that Proxxon has to offer at: www.proxxon.com. These tools are designed to be used by the home hobbyist/crafter/artist. The products that Plaid has to offer are amazing in their own right and you can check them out here: www.plaidonline.com . Plaid has come out with so many new products in the last month or so, that it is really worth your while to look. Also, please leave me a comment here on this blog and let me know what you think of this project. I read every comment and appreciate every one.

Barbara


2 comments:

Misty said...

LOL Love this Barbara, especially the
looking for a mate part. I almost always have
that problem in our wash. Great instructions and
adorable project. Love It!

Carol Wulf said...

That is really cute, and honestly I think it could be helpful getting those "sock couples" back together again. A cheery little chuckle in the laundry room. Nice!