Saturday, October 13, 2018

A Nifty Holder for your Remote









Supplies used for this Project:  

4" X 24" Strip of Birch plywood
Paint Brushes
Nails
Stencil


I began by using the Proxxon Table Saw to cut from the piece of Birch, 2 pieces 4" long and 2 pieces 5 1/2" long. I then cut both ends of these pieces at a 45 degree angle. You then put the side pieces and end pieces together to form a box by matching the 45 degree ends together as shown in the picture below.



From the remaining scrap of wood you need to cut a bottom to fit inside of the box ( approximately   2 7/8" X 4 3/8") Nail or glue all of the joints.


Now use your Delta Sander to smooth out any rough spots on your edges.


I then finished up by lining the insides of the box with felt strips (black). Afterward I used embossing powder (black) around the top edges to give some texture to the top. I painted the outside of the box with the Plaid Martha Stewart Decor Paint (black) and then stenciling a feather on the outside of the box using Plaid Folk Art Decor Chalk Paint in White. This remote control box turned out quite special and I don't think we will be losing the remote quite as often as in the past.





How do you like this idea for your remote controls? I thought it was terrific! Now if my husband will just put the remote in it before he falls asleep in his chair. Take the time to go on over to www.proxxon.com and check out the tools that are there. I'm sure that you will want one and the website www.plaidonline.com has so many paints and Mod Podge and papers and did I say paints? You won't be able to resist.

Barbara

5 comments:

Diana said...

Love the beautiful feather design!

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Where's mine?��
Marsha

Carol Wulf said...

I am really good at putting things back where they go IF they have a designated spot. This would help me keep the remotes from running off and hiding. Great idea. And it looks good too!

Misty said...

I love the idea and the design, as always
your work is lovely. Miss you all and like to
see what new ideas you are coming up with.