Wednesday, October 17, 2018

How to create a decorative sewing panel

Hi everyone, I've got a sewing panel to share that would make a great decoration for your favorite crafter.



Supplies:
Proxxon Scroll Saw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Prima Metallique Paints
Imagine Crafts Ink
Makin's Clay and Clay Cutters
Chipboard


I started by drawing the pattern on a piece of plywood.  Then I used the Scroll Saw to cut the design.


Once the design was cut, I used the Delta Sander to sand the panel.


Wanting to create with a sewing theme, I added chipboard elements to the panel then painted everything with black gesso.


I used molding paste through a stencil in the open area, then painted the piece with assorted colors of Prima Metallique paints.


I continued adding colors until I was happy with the finished piece.


Using a script stamp with black ink, I stamped it randomly about the panel.  I also stamped some chipboard elements and added them around the panel.  A large flower was added above the dress form and some trim along the lower edge.  SEW was created from Makin's Clay and Clay Cutters.


Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

Carol Wulf said...

Nice job Anyone who sews would love it!