Saturday, December 8, 2018

Yep I'm at it again with the Proxxon Engraver GG12








I have really gotten bitten by the bug with the Proxxon Engraver and I'm really enjoying having fun with it and creating new pieces.

Supplies Needed for this project:

A candle jar that you have cleaned when used up
ribbon
flannel or some type of cloth
LED candle
Pattern for the Proxxon Engraver
tape
scissors
glass of water to use with the engraver




I started out by printing out a pattern that I thought I would like to engrave on the outside of the glass. I chose what I imagined to be a Winter scene. I used my Proxxon Engraver to first go around the edges with my diamond ball bur and then used one of the stone burs to fill in the areas. The ending result was just what I had imagined.

I really love this engraver. It's so lightweight and easy to use. I'm going to have to come up with some more ideas and different types of glass to use. This candle holder is just another thing I saved because I just knew a use would come up for it.



I then got out the Bowdabra Mini Bow tool and made a small bow to go on it, along with putting the ribbon around the top, I attached the bow to the top edge. I then cut a small piece of red flannel material and put it in the bottom of the jar and set an LED candle in to give off a glow. You can see the engraving in the first picture the best. The candle looks beautiful when it is on but is difficult to photograph. 


You could also use this jar to hold holiday candy during the holidays without the candle but I like the look of the candle. Use your imagination and get a Proxxon Engraver GG12 to start creating some amazing pieces to give as gifts this Christmas.

Check out all of the tools that Proxxon has to offer and maybe ask Santa to give you one! Please leave me a comment as I read them all.

Barbara  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! What a cute Christmas gift that would be!
Marsha

Carol Wulf said...

that turned out really pretty! I agree with you that the tool is really easy to use. and fun too! Nice work and great tutorial!

Steph Ackerman said...

This is lovely.