Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Oh Christmas Tree

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with a Christmas Tree to share.    Who doesn't love decorating for Christmas?  Using assorted tools, you can create an amazing decorative element that is perfect for smaller spaces. 



Supplies:
Proxxon Scroll Saw
Proxxon Bench Drill Press
Plaid Ultra Dye

 I began by drawing the pattern on plywood, then used the Scroll Saw to cut the pattern.


I painted the tree with white paint then used the Bench Drill Press to drill holes around the tree for Christmas lights.


To create texture, I adhered gauze to the tree, then painted with Plaid Ultra Dye.



 I had to redrill some of the holes that I covered with the dyed gauze.



 Then I inserted lights from behind.



Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute little Christmas tree Steph! I like how it turned out and I also liked the fact that it wasn't too hard to make. Great use of the tools!

Carol Wulf said...

Looks like a fun project and I bet it shines so pretty at night. good job!