Friday, April 17, 2020

How to make colorful garden stakes

Boing...Boing...Boing...  Spring is sprung and I am so Happy.    I have an easy and fun project today that won't take too long to make and will really spruce up your vegetable garden.   We are going to make garden stakes so we, (I mean I, and if you are forgetful, then you too), won't forget what we planted where. 



Let's gather our equipment and supplies:


wire cutter
pliers
pencil, paper, and carbon paper
1/4" plywood scraps
old wire coat hangers or stiff wire


      Plaid paints

  • Pumpkin Orange 20588E
  • Green Forrest 443
  • Burgandy 957
  • Palm Leaf 21477E
  • White 200503E
  • Succulent 2637
The first thing I did was to draw out some simple patterns that I thought I could use as garden stakes.   Then using some carbon paper I traced them onto my wood pieces.




Using the Proxxon mini scroll saw, I cut them out.  









Using Proxxon's mini drill press I drilled a hole into each of my vegetables.





Next I sanded them well using the Proxxon OZI/E delta sander.


On to the hangers

Using the wire cutters cut off the hook part of the clothes hanger.  Then bend the wire into the shape of a shepherds hook ↓



Paint your veggies!  I always use Plaid paints




Now they are ready for the garden!


So that's it.   I need a few more for my garden.   Thank you so much for visiting.  
Have a lovely spring!        catch ya next time    Carol

Thanks to Proxxon and Plaid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hay this is a great idea I have been using seed packets or paper of some kind when the wind blows they are all over the garden with this you can store for next year after this years garden so may I say happy gardening with Carols idea bj