Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Enjoy the Little Things

Hi everyone.  During this Corona Virus and quarantine situation, I hope that you are taking time to enjoy the little things.  That is the theme of my current project.  When I came across this stencil I knew it would be a great focal point for a project.


I began by drawing a light bulb on a piece of foam.  You could also take a stencil or large die cut to draw the design on the foam.


Then I simply cut out my design using the Hot Wire Cutter.  It's so easy to cut any project from foam using the Hot Wire Cutter and the results are amazing each time.  Plus, it's quick and easy.  Simply follow the design turning the foam to cut out all the elements.


Look at the great result I was able to achieve.  And I always save my left over pieces of foam as I never know when they will come in handy for another project.


Once it was cut out, I began decorating.  I started by painting the bulb with Martha Stewart's Home Décor Paint in Eggshell and then the electric portion with Folk Art Coastal Texture Paint in Seal Grey.  Once dry, I placed a stencil on top, and used modeling paste and spray inks to achieve the look I wanted.


Next, I proceeded to finish adding paints and inks to my project.


I finished by adding some chipboard elements I found in my stash.  Each was painted with Plaid Paints then adhered around the light bulb.


Again, don't forget to enjoy the little things during this trying time.

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: