Thursday, April 16, 2020

How To Make A Candle Sconce


   Hi everyone! Continuing on with working on a few things for my powder room. Today I'll be making a candle sconce.  Let me show you how I did it.

Supplies:
  Proxxon Micro Band Saw
  Proxxon Drill Press
  Proxxon Delta Sander
  3/4" scrap pine
  Wooden candle cup
  Plaid paint black
  Plaid Inspirations clear wax

1. I drew out a pattern on paper

2.  Transferred my pattern to the scrap 3/4" pine board.                                                                       
                                                                                                           
3. Using the Proxxon Micro Bandsaw I cut out both pieces.                                              

 

4. I sanded the pieces using the Proxxon Delta Sander                                                                            



5.  I then attached  the wooden candle cup to the base using a wood screw .                             .           
                               

6.  I drilled a hole for hanging using the Proxxon Drill Press.                                                              
                                                 

 7.  I then glued and nailed the base to the back.

8.  Paint with black Plaid paint and wax with clear Plaid Inspirations Wax.                                           


Thanks for following along with me.... Colleen           

No comments: