Wednesday, April 1, 2020

How to Create a floral wall hanging

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a floral wall hanging.




I drew a jar on a scrap of wood then using the Scroll Saw, I cut the design.  Next, I sanded the jar with the Delta Sander.



I painted the jar with gesso and put it aside to dry while I worked on the background.


Using a stencil with modeling paste, I added dimension to a burlap panel.  Once dry, the burlap panel was painted with several colors of paint.


The jar was painted with a light layer of blue paint and twine was wrapped around the top.  For additional dimension, blue ink was rubbed across the jar and a metal tag was tied to the twine.


Once the jar was adhered to the canvas, flowers were added.  Since the flowers are not attached, you can easily change out the flowers for different seasons.



Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: