Thursday, December 16, 2021

How to make a wooden 3 tiered Christmas tree cookie dish

Hi everyone.   I know it is getting late for making things Christmas, but, I thought this project was cute and quick enough to get ready by Christmas.  Besides, New Years is coming and this makes for great party decor, especially when filled with food!

Supplies and Equipment
1 x 2" pine board
Wood glue
small screws
Staple gun

The first thing I did was cut my 2 x 1 board lengthwise  on the Proxxon mini  table saw to make 2 lone 1 x 1 slats.  Note, I have set my fence to direct my wood properly.

I am going to cut these long pieces into the sizes I need to make my tree.
See below the cutting guide.
I need to cut 4 of each piece on the left.  The right side of the diagram is showing how each side (there are 4) is put together.  

There are only 2 angles we are going to use.  90 degrees, (marked 0 on the chop saw) and 30 degrees.




.  
⇈Above   This is the Proxxon mini chop saw, star of this project.  It is accurate and fun to use.  ⇈

Now we have all our piece cut we can start putting them together.   The joints are going to butt up to each other and this creates a really weak joint.  I tried several ways to strengthen the joints and finally decided that staples worked pretty well.   So, I glue my joints first, let them dry then added staples across the joints on both sides and this seemed to work well.


I started putting sets of 2 together,
then I added the next level, leaving a 2" overhang in the middle.
This is 1/4 of the Christmas tree.  


I predrilled holes using the Proxxon professional rotary tool in the lateral pieces where I will fasten them end to edge using a screw.  This makes a corner in the middle.  I do that to the other side as well.  





Now it is a tree.  Decorating it is up to you.  You can use it for cookies and candies or just decorate it like a tree.  



I know that was kind of sketchy directions, however I think that if you look at the finished tree picture you should be able to pop it out in time for Christmas.

You'ya take care and have a great Holiday Season.  I will catch you next year.  
Carol

Thank you Proxxon...   I love love love that Chopsaw!!!











3 comments:

Nell said...

This is a great project. I love the Christmas tree shelves.

Misty said...

VERY NEAT FOR A CHRISTMAS
PARTY, GOODJOB WHATS UP FOR
NEW YEARS?

Anonymous said...

hay I love it