Sunday, February 20, 2022

Making Miniature Patriotic Decorations

 






Hello friends.  I've been so busy building my tiny homesteads with my Proxxon tools.  I was thinking I wanted to make some patriotic decorations for on the outside of the houses. Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made them using my Proxxon tools and Plaid paint :-) 


SUPPLIES:

    Proxxon MICRO-Bandsaw MBS 115/E
    Proxxon Table Saw FET
    Plywood Sheet Board 1.5mm thick
    Plaid Paints   assorted colors
    1/4" Dowel Rod


    Nail File
    Wood Glue
    Drill and tiny drill bit


I first drew out my little patterns and drew them on the thin plywood.  I made the buntings in 2 different sizes as I was using them on two different style houses.  I then cut them out with my Proxxon MICRO-Bandsaw.



After my half circles were cut, I went back and cut in the wavy edges. I used the bandsaw but these could also have been cut with the Proxxon scroll saw.  I sanded lightly with a nail file around the edges,




I next drew on the design that I wanted to paint.



Using my Plaid Paints I filled in the design.






I drew the pattern for the flag and cut it out with the Proxxon bandsaw.  Followed along with the same steps as the buntings.










I needed a base for my flag, so I went to the Proxxon Table Saw FET and cut out two different size blocks.  Stacked them together and glued.  Painted the base with Plaid paint and drilled a1/4" hole straight down to receive the dowel rod.









I cut my dowel rod the length I felt was appropriate for the size of my little houses, I inserted it in the block base.  Lastly, I drilled tiny holes in the side of the flag and tiny coordinating holes in the dowel rod. I used thread to attach them together.



Here's my finished pieces. Showing them on two different houses I built.  



I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made these additions to my houses!  See you next month for more Proxxon projects   :-)

Colleen






































No comments: