Thursday, February 3, 2022

Mini Push stick for Mini Table saw

 Hi folks.   Back again with another practical project for you.  Today I think we should make a Mini push stick to use with your Proxxon Mini Table saw.  Safety is important!  This will help keep your hands away from the cutting edge.  


I've seen a lot of decorative push sticks, but I want to be a little different, so I drew this one.   It is in the shape of a boot.  I think the treads will be good at holding down my wood as I push it across the blade.

Next, I need to transfer my design to my wood pieces.   I decided on black walnut for the boot and some thin maple for the trim (handle).  I wanted a little contrast.
I used some graphite paper to transfer my design.  I will need one whole boot made of the black walnut and 2 copies of the handle out of the maple wood. 

I used the Proxxon Mini bandsaw to cut the straight edges just because I love how it cuts.  Then I used the Proxxon mini scroll saw to do my inside and more intricate cutting.


For this project, the sanding tools are the starts.  First, I glued my pieces together and clamped them tight until they were good and dry.
  
I used the Proxxon disc sander to do my rough sanding, then I used various bits on the Proxxon professional rotary tool to smooth and round my edges.


I used a cutting tool on the Proxxon rotary tool to make some defining lines on my boot.  I painted those lines black, then waited for them to dry.   I cleaned up the wayward paint using the Proxxon OZI/E delta sander.  I got a smooth surface then finished it off with some sealer.  

🠊




It works !

A little added safety never hurt anyone.   Easy to make.  Thank you all for visiting.  
catch ya next time,   Carol









No comments: