Sunday, February 25, 2024

Building Patriotic Buntings For Tiny Houses

 


Today I will show you how I built tiny patriotic buntings for one of my tiny houses. This simple project adds so much character to my fence. Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made them.


Supplies:
     1/16" Balsa Plywood
     Proxxon 2 Speed Scroll Saw DS460
     Plaid Paint


First, I determined the size I needed the buntings to be and drew a pattern.



I then drew the pattern on my balsa wood. Using my Proxxon Scroll Saw I began to cut them out. For the fence I needed 6.



The Proxxon Scroll Saw does such an amazing job that I didn't even need to sand the edges. If this were a thicker piece of wood, I'd imagine that to be necessary. As you can see in this picture, I even stacked 2 pieces together and cut.




Now all 6 pieces are cut out and ready to paint with my Plaid paint.




Using various shades of red, white and blue, the buntings are painted. I used a tiny awl to poke a hole in each end and attached them to the fence with sewing thread.


  


Here is my completed project.  Just wanted to add that every element of this tiny house was created using Proxxon tools.  Hope you enjoyed following along with me.
Colleen :-)


No comments: