Friday, February 19, 2016

Altered Hand Mirror

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today and I've altered a hand mirror.  It's been in my stash for quite some time so I decided it was about time to see what I could create with it.  Because the surface was rough, I used the Delta Sander to sand it before painting. 

 
 
Supplies:
 
Proxxon Detail Sander
Mirror
ColorBox Crafter's Ink for Ann Butler - Canyon
ColorBox Background Basic Stamps by Ann Butler
Stencil
Paint
Gesso
Ribbon
Flowers

Now that the mirror was sanded, I painted on a layer of gesso.  Once the gesso dried, I resanded the mirror to a smooth finish.

 
Use your favorite paints to paint the mirror any color you choose.  Next, center a stencil on the back of the mirror and use molding paste to create the design.  Allow to dry completely before continuing, then spritz glimmer mist to add a hint of shimmer.
  
 
Stamp around the edges of the mirror and along the handle.  Tie ribbons through the center hole and add flowers down the handle.


Etch the glass and glue it to the mirror.  To see how I etched the glass, stop by my blog for the complete details.
 
 
I think any young lady would love this in her room don't you?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 
 
 
 

No comments: