What fun this sweet paper doll Valentine Girl was to create! Wood is a beautiful base for so many fun and unique projects and incorporating it with these beautiful vintage paper dolls by ArtChix Studio was a blast! Proxxon tools has made working with wood so much easier~ the tools are so well made and easy to operate! For this project I used a scrap piece of wood that I sanded using the Delta Sander OZI/E. I love the sander and use it often for my woodworking projects!
Rectangle piece of scrap wood ( Mine is about 2 1/2 x 9")
Acrylic Paint in red
Inspirational stamp saying and LOVE stamp
Archival Ink pad-black and Sepia
Piece of lace ( about 5 " long)
Canvas oval tag
Misc charms to hand off of the lace tie
White Sharpie Marker
1)Cut, sand and paint your rectangle wooden block and let dry.
2) Cut out the paper doll parts and glue on the wood with the mod podge. Adding different hats , crowns, wings etc is also fun!
3)Using the Sepia Ink pad, create a distressed look on the wood and edges of paper.
4)Stamp the inspirational phrase at the bottom with the black ink .
5) Attach the charms and the canvas tag to the lace.
6) Stamp the word LOVE on the tag.
7) Add Lace through the key and use the Weldbond glue to attach to the wooden rectangle at the top.
8) Using the white Sharpie Marker add dots all around the edges of the girl.
I hope you have enjoyed this easy but very creative project using some Valentine Inspiration!
~In Love & Light~