Sunday, September 4, 2016

Children's Puzzles Using the Scroll Saw

Everyone at my house loves puzzles!! It was with my two and a half year old grand daughter in mind that I made these two large-piece puzzles.



I mounted the printed pattern on 1/2" MDF board using this painters' tape method. Here you can get a glimpse of me using the Proxxon scroll saw to cut out the parrot puzzle. I recommend these large piece puzzles as a beginner project, because even if your cut lines are a bit off, the pieces will still fit together :)

I used my Proxxon Professional Rotary Tool to drill a hole for the parrot's eye.

Before painting the pieces I sanded them with 150 grit sandpaper using the Proxxon Delta sander.

After the acrylic paint was thoroughly dry, I sealed each piece with a clear acrylic sealant. These puzzles turned out to be a hit!! Here six year old Chloe is helping Anya complete them.
Carole

No comments: