Friday, April 21, 2017

Decorative Plant Stand

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a fun decorative plant stand that could also be used as a stool.


I found this wood stand and began by using the Proxxon Delta Sander to sand down the edges. 



Next I painted the stand with Plaid Milk Paint in Jamestown Blue (on the top) and Meeting House Blue (on the base).


Once dry, I re-sanded and re-painted the stand. 


I wanted to decorate the top so I cut a heart from a sheet of Smoothfoam using the Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter.


Painting the heart with Plaid Coastal Texture Paint in Sand Dollar, I used the heart as a stamp and stamped a heart in each corner.  I also painted Sand Dollar within the hearts of the base.


I love the different hearts achieved with the texture paint.



What do you think?



No comments: