Friday, April 7, 2017

Home Wall Hanging

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here and since we still don't have any signs of Sping, I thought I'd create a new sign to hang in my studio.




Supplies:
Proxxon Tools:  Delta Sander, Hotwire Cutter
Smoothfoam - Foam Sheet
Plaid FolkArt Brushed Metal Paint - Black, Brushed Gold
Plaid FolkArt Coastal Texture Paint - Sand Dollar, High Tide, Sea Mist
Plaid FolkArt Color Shift Acrylic Paint - Green Flash, Purple Flash
Makin'sⓇ Clay 
Robin's Nest Dew Drops

I began by sanding the wood panel with the Delta Sander, my go to sander. 


Next I painted the panel with 2 colors of the new FolkArt Coastal Texture Paints - Sea Mist and High Tide, blending them where they met.   The paste-like texture created a nice effect on the wood panel.


To simulate clouds I used FolkArt Coastal Texture Paint in Sand Dollar - dabbing it randomly on the panel.


I wanted to add a house to the panel so I traced one onto a panel of Smoothfoam.


 Using the Hotwire Cutter, I quickly and easily cut out the house.


Next, I stamped a house on the Smoothfoam panel with black ink.  I then used the Hotwire Cutter to cut more precisely around the stamped house.   The Hotwire Cutter does an amazing job!


I used Plaid FolkArt Brushed Metal paints in Brushed Gold and Black to paint the Smoothfoam house.


I stamped a tree on the wood panel, then added color using FolkArt Color Shift Paint in Green Flash.  I added additional color to the house with Purple Flash then adhered the house to the sign. 



Using Makin'sⓇ Clay, I created flowers.  After stamping green stems on the panel, I placed the flowers on top.  Dew drops were added to the flower centers.  Finally, I die cut a butterfly from Makin'sⓇ Clay and placed it on the tree.




I die cut the numbers and added them to the panel.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.


Steph

No comments: