Thursday, November 7, 2019

Harvest Acorn

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a Harvest Acorn.



Fall is here and Thanksgiving is jsut around the corner.  It's time to start showcasing new Fall and Thanksgiving projects.



I drew an acorn on a piece of plywood then used the Scroll Saw to easily cut it out,



Next, I used the Delta Sander to sand the acorn.  It's angled head allows me to get into the small areas.


I painted the acorn with brown paint, then masked off the top portion.  Using a stencil, I added dimension.


Once dry, I replaced the stencil creating a criss cross pattern.  Then I spritzed the acorn with craft spray to give it a shimmer effect.



Burlap was pleated and adhered, following the contour of the acorn.  Harvest was then placed at the top.


What will you create?

Thanks for stopping by.







No comments: