Wednesday, November 20, 2019

How to Create a Decorative Candle with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today using Proxxon tools to create a decorative candle.


Drawing the design on a of plywood, I used the Micro Bandsaw to cut the straight edges.


I also used the Scroll Saw to cut around the candle.


Once fully cut, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the candle.  The angled head allowed me to get into the tiny edges.


Using masking tape, I taped off the candle so I could paint the flame with gold metallic paint and the candle base with black metallic paint.


Once dry, I used glitter paint to paint the candle.


I wanted to add some decorative elements, so I went through my stash of flowers and pulled out a rose as well as leaves that would coordinate well with the candle.


Next, I used intricate die cut words with Rinea Gold Foiled Paper to add words to the base.


It now looks wonderful amongst my holiday decorations.



Hoping you are getting in the holiday mood.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments: