Friday, September 4, 2020

How to make a discrete password book using old gift or credit cards

Hi and welcome back.



 Ready for a quick and easy project, that solves an annoying problem, and recycles some useless stuff you already have in your home?
 We are going to make a a little book to hold your passwords that will fit in your purse because it is the size of a credit card.  In fact it's made from old gift or credit cards.







Look what I found when I cleaned out my drawers today.



Tools and supplies needed:
2 old credit or gift cards
1 rather stiff approx 1/2" diameter spring
2 pliers
paper cut to size
small drill bit
masking tape
rubber bands








Choose 2 credit/gift cards   Note the small spring sitting there




The spring needs to be stretched to the size of the credit card.  hold the ends and pull gently to lengthen it to aprox 2".  Set this aside for now.




 Cut paper to the size of the gift cards.   I used about 3 sheets of regular paper cut into 36 small sheets for my little book.


 Place the sheets between the 2 cards and secure them tightly with 2 rubber bands.


 I placed a piece of masking tape on one end of the cards so that I could mark where I am going to drill my holes.   Holes needed to be 1/4" apart and approx 1/4" from the edge of the card.


 Using the Proxxon mini drill press equipped with a small drill bit drill through all the layers of the "sandwich" we just made.   Leave everything rubber banded together.


Now take the stretched spring and start it in the first hole. 


Twist the spring while guiding it through the subsequent holes


 Look! we made a little spiral notebook.   😀😀😀


 And look how it fits in my wallet.   Now it will be with me when I need it.

Wasn't that quick.   I LOVE making something out of basically nothing.   Thank you Proxxon tools the drill press made making this super easy!!   You really should check out their tools.  Made especially for the crafter in all of us.  

Thanks for visiting.   Hope to catch you next time.  I got something pretty to show you.    Meanwhile stay safe!!   Carol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a neat idea I bet its handy to bj

Misty said...

Hi Carol, I could use one of
these, always need my passwords
when I am out, and of course I need it then. Clever project
and who doesn't have endless
old cards around.
Good Job.