Thursday, March 3, 2022

How Proxxon tools make fixing things easy peasy

 




Hi again.   Hey, I want to show you what a bargain I got just the other day and how I was able to fix it up easily using Proxxon tools.  



I don't think it shows very well but the clock has a piece broken out of the black face part.  The numbers are intact and the plexiglass cover is in good shape.  This is an easy fix using Proxxon tools.  A bargain for sure as the clock is oversize and really big. 
Next I took the OZI/E delta sander and sanded the edges round.  It's a nice piece of plywood so I am not even going to paint it.  P.S.  I love this little sander.  The sandpapers are attached by hook and loop, so you can go from coarse to fine without wasting the sandpapers.  Just set them aside and use them next time

This small dish covers the broke out area so I will use it as a template,

I traced out the circle on a thin piece of thin plywood then cut it out with the Proxxon mini bandsaw.



 





I drilled the center hole where the clock works will extend through using the Proxxon mini drill press and the Proxxon cordless rotary toolor




r


Now a little glue and a little weight to hold it tight, I left it to dry good, then reassembled the hands of the clock and put the cover back on and now I have a nice clock, and it looks better than ever. And at $2.29 it was a real bargain.




It keeps good time

thanks for visiting.  Catch ya next time.  👍🔨🔨

No comments: