Thursday, March 31, 2022

How to make a glassy eyed cat

 Hi everybody.   Spring is here yay!  Time to start getting out and having some fun in the yard.  Today, purely for fun lets make a cat to stick wherever I want to in the yard.   I'm going to show you how easy it is to cut some metal and make a cat stake using Proxxon tools.


   


Supplies
Proxxon mini bandsaw
Metal cookie sheet
wood chisel or wide straight screwdriver
hammer.
scrap wood for stake
2 screws.
pliers
2 glass marbles

  First things first.  Lets draw our design.


The next thing I did was go to the Dollar Tree and bought a cheap cookie sheet.   I wish it were a little stouter but it will work.


I drew the pattern onto the cookie sheet then I proceeded to cut it out using the Proxxon mini bandsaw.  Truthfully, I usually only cut wood but I read the back of the blade packages and found out they cut all kinds of metal, including steel!  Wow!   So I cut it out.  It works, it cuts like butta.   :)

Here comes the tricky part, (not real tricky, just a little tricky), the eyes.  I decided I would use a little wood chisel to cut the eyes.   What we need is to cut an X or something similar.  It is going to hold the eyes.  




I used some spray paint I had on time to color the kitty.  

The next step is to bend the Xs.  Use a pair of pliers, this metal is very sharp.  I bent the horizontal ones backward and the vertical parts towards the front.  I messed with the angles until I had them where they would hold the marbles secure.


I used the Proxxon mini bandsaw to cut a scrap piece of wood into a stake and screwed the cat onto it.   There you have it.  The glassy eyed kitty stake.  It's going to look good in the yard.


Thanks for visiting.   This was a quick and fun project.  I learned that I can now cut various metals using the Proxxon mini bandsaw.     See you soon   Carol








No comments: