Tuesday, June 7, 2022

How To make a Charcuterie Board



     Hi everyone. I've been trying to get back to my woodworking since I had surgery. I thought I'd start with something fairly simple, but also something that's pretty trendy right now. I wanted one of these for my Fourth of July picnic.  Follow along with me and I'll show you how simple it is to make one.



Supplies:
   Proxxon 2 Speed Scroll Saw DS 460
   Proxxon long neck angle grinder LHW/E
  1"x12" pine board  (you can determine the length you want)
   Drill and large drill bit
   Butcher Block Conditioner



First I determined how long I wanted my board to be.  That was simple because I had a pine board that was left over from another project. I just worked around a few knot holes that I didn't want on my finished board and cut out what looked like the clearest area. The only thing I really had to draw was the handle. 


I started out using the Proxxon Band Saw but quickly realized I wasn't going to have enough room to swing the board so I switched over to the Proxxon Scroll Saw. 






I was easily able to swing the wood and get the handle cut out.




I used the Proxxon Long Neck Angle Grinder to sand around the edges of the handle and also around the edges of the entire board.





Next using my drill and a fairly large drill bit, I drilled a hole in the handle for hanging. 



                                       


                                      I gave the entire board a good sanding and wiped clean.




Lastly I wiped a butcher block conditioner on the entire board. I let it dry and put on a second coat.  You must make sure you use a product that is food safe.  I may put on a third coat after it dries overnight. Hopefully it will darken more with time and use.







Here's my finished charcuterie board!  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. These would even make great gifts! 
Thanks for following along with me. 
Colleen  :-)
 
















  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job my friend. Can’t wait to see it with your food on it. Donna Frank