Friday, September 2, 2016

Christmas Basket Centerpiece

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today and with the start of September all things begin to change.  School is just beginning. Colors change with the advent of Fall and Christmas is less than 4 months away.  Well, there's no time like the present to get ready for Christmas decorating.

I recently rummaged through my mother's collection of wood pieces.  She passed before completing all that she wanted so I am determined to finish what she started.  I found a really nice wood basket that needed some TLC but I knew it would be perfect for a Christmas centerpiece.



Using the Delta Sander, I sanded it to a nice smooth finish. 



Then I painted Plaid's Folk Art Ultra Dye in Emerald City.  Once it was dry, I lightly sanded it again.  The Delta Sander is so light weight and easy to use that it makes any sanding job quick and fun.  I then added another coat of Ultra Dye and my basket was looking very Christmas-y.


Next, I used the Hot Wire Cutter to cut a Smoothfoam panel into 4 pieces.  The Hot Wire Cutter cuts through Smoothfoam like butter and in no time at all I had the perfect sized pieces I needed for my basket. 


Using Beacon Adhesives, I adhered 2 Smoothfoam pieces together then adhered them to the basket. Once dry, I inserted an assortment of Christmas picks.


To fill in the open areas, I placed some raffia amongst the picks.



And my basket is now ready for the Christmas table, or maybe I'll give it as a gift.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.




No comments: