Monday, February 6, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day Wreath

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a wreath just in time for Valentine's Day.


I found this wood wreath just sitting on a shelf and knew it would make a great Valentine's Day project.  I began by sanding the wreath and hearts with the Delta Sander.  I love the shape of the sander and the fact that I can get into the tiniest of areas.  I easily sanded the edges around the heart.


Once the wreath was sanded, I used Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dye in Infra Red to paint the hearts.  Once dry, I used the Delta Sander again to distress the hearts a bit.


I marked off the hearts then painted the wreath with Plaid Folk Art Milk Paint in Jamestown Blue.  I love the contrast of colors.


Using the Professional Rotary Tool, I sanded a metal embellishment to distress it.


Next, I used the Cotton Polishing Disc to buff up the metal embellishment before continuing.

 
Then I used Plaid Folk Art Milk Paint in Winter Harbor to paint the metal embellishment.  Distressing the embellishment with the Professional Rotary Tool allowed the paint to easily adhere to the embellishment. 


Next, I spritzed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the embellishment before adding it to the wreath.
 
 
I embellished each wood heart with assorted rub-ons, then used the Cotton Polishing Disc to help burnish the rub-ons in place.


Happy Valentine's Day.
 


Thanks for stopping by today.




No comments: