Friday, March 18, 2016

Happy Easter with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today wishing you an early Happy Easter.




Supplies:
Proxxon Tools:  Hotwire Cutter
Smoothfoam



I used my Cricut to create a paper bunny in the size I wanted.  The I just traced around it on a piece of Smoothfoam.
 
 

The Hotwire cutter cuts Smoothfoam quickly and easily and there is no flaking.  The wire heats up quickly and I was able to cut the bunny out very quickly.  I like to cut away the larger unnecessary portions of the Smoothfoam while creating my project.


 And this is my Easter Bunny.  I love how she turned out!
 
 
Since I had some left over Smoothfoam, I also cut out some Easter Eggs as well as part of an Easter Egg so I could nestle them together.

 
I covered the bunny with molding paste to give the illusion of fur, the added a tail which was a Smoothfoam ball that I cut in half using the Hotwire cutter.


While waiting for the molding paste to dry, I worked on the Easter Eggs.  The Easter Eggs were stamped, stenciled and inked before adhering to the bunny.  Assorted colors of dew drops were added for fun.  I purposely didn't add molding paste to the lower portion of the bunny because I wanted the Easter Eggs to sit flush on the bunny.
 
 
Once the molding paste dried, I applied pink ink to her ears and nose and added a large wiggly eye.  To finish, I tied a ribbon around her neck.

 
She is the perfect Easter decoration and the Hotwire cutter made it so easy to create this Easter project.
 
What do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 
Steph
 

No comments: