Friday, August 26, 2016

Painted and Embellished Bird House

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a cute birdhouse I recently found.


I began by sanding the birdhouse with the Delta Sander.

 
Then I painted the interior with Folk Art Milk Paint in Absinthe and the exterior with Bristol Green.  Once dry I used the Delta Sander to resand the birdhouse.  Then I lightly dry painted the bird house with Folk Art Milk Paint in Petticoat.
 

 
 

Next I used the Proxxon Precision Rotary Tool to drill 2 holes in the roof.  No bird house is complete without birds flying around so I inserted wire through the holes and attached bird charms.


Finally I die cut strips of striped paper to fit around the bottom edge.


All set for some little friends to settle in for the winter.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
 
 



 
 
 

No comments: