Friday, August 12, 2016

Basket for Art Supplies

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with another sweet basket that can hold your art supplies.  With school beginning across the country it's time to get everyone organized.  These wood baskets can really help keep you (and your little ones) organized for the year.



I began by sanding the wood basket with the Delta Sander.  I love this sander - it's perfect for all my projects.

 
Next, I used Folk Art Ultra Dye Paint by Plaid  in Red to paint my basket.  This dye is amazing and covered with just one coat.

 
Next  I wanted to add letters to the basket so I used the Delta Sander to distress chipboard letters.  I didn't like the floral letters so by distressing them I was able to use Folk Art Milk Paint by Plaid in Jamestown Blue to paint the letters




To add the letters to  the basket I used the Precision Rotary Tool to drill holes in the letters and the basket.  Then I inserted brads to hold the letters in place.



Fill your supplies and you will always know where they are!



What do you think you'd use the basket for?





 

No comments: