Saturday, September 8, 2018

A great board for school papers!






I have a lot of great-nieces and great-nephews who are starting Pre-K through 3rd grade who are going to be bringing home or making at home a lot of Art and 3-R's papers ( reading, 'riting and 'rithmatic. I thought it would be a good idea to create something that their parents can hang up to clip their papers onto.


The Supplies Needed for this Project are:

Plaid Acrylic Paints   ( Folk Art, True Blue, Moon Yellow, & Bright Pink )
Gesso - White
Paint Brush
Black Sharpie
Stencil
Sponge Pouncers
2 large picture hangers
Hammer
Spray Sealer
Upholstery Tacks
Binder Clips



I started by using my Kapro Measuring Tool to lay out the size of the board that I wanted to make. My board is probably larger than most of you would make. I got the board cut out and the gesso painted on it right away.


I really love using my Proxxon Table Saw, it gives me the ability to cut out flat pieces of wood, which is something I wasn't able to do before. 


I used my Proxxon Delta Sander to smooth out all the rough edges on the board after it was cut.


I used the three paints shown above on the stencil and the sea sponge to do the pouncing.



 I loved the way that the stenciling turned out. Once all the painting had been done, I used my black Sharpie to write the words "Look what I did" several times across the board. I then put the two large hanger hooks on the back and then hammered the upholstery tacks into the front to hold the binder clips in place. I hope you can see these cute little binder clips had smiley faces on them.



Didn't this turn out cute? I just love it and hopefully someone else will too. Such a neat board to put those special pictures up on to show the little one that their work is important and that you love it.

Once again Proxxon Tools and Plaid Paints have made it so much easier to make a great project. I hope you check out all of the tools on the www.proxxon.com website and also on the www.plaidonline.com website. Both websites have a lot of project helpers on their pages. Please leave me a comment below in the comments. I do appreciate each one of them.

Barbara



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I have $several friends who will like this idea too! Good job!