Wednesday, September 5, 2018

How to Create a Welcome Fall Sign with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a new Fall project.  Now that we are in September, it's time to turn our thoughts toward Fall.

I tend to hold onto scraps of wood and thought I'd use the scraps to create a Fall sign.



Using the Scroll Saw, I cut strips of wood of varying sizes.  For this project, I opted not to measure as I didn't want everything the same size.



Next, I cut the edges into pennant shapes.


Using the Delta Sander I sanded each piece until smooth.




I used Plaid's Milk Paint in Tavern Ale to paint each strip.



Using  FolkArt stencils and a foam brush, I added letters to the slats with Martha Stewart acrylic paint.  Once dry, I added additional flourishes with the same paint..  Next, I blended some additional brown paint around each strip.


Then, I assembled the sign with Beacon Adhesives.



Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

Misty said...

That is darling Steph, Very well done,
and love the lettering and colors are perfect.
Great instructions.

Steph Ackerman said...

Thanks Misty.

Cindy said...

I like this idea Steph! Great tutorial too! Happy Fall!

Carol Wulf said...

This is really cute. It looks fun to make. Well done!!