Wednesday, September 19, 2018

How to Create a Fall Pennant

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a new Fall project.  Using an assortment of Proxxon tools, you can easily create a Fall Pennant.



Use the Kapro Measure Mate ruler to draw the pennant shape on a wood panel.



Then use the Scroll Saw to cut the pennant.


The Bench Drill Press was used to drill 2 holes in the top for the string.


The panel was sanded with the Delta Sander.


Using the 6" Swirl Pumpkins stencil from Clear Scraps, I placed it in the center then painted it with shades of orange and green.  For additional dimension, I used additional stencils around the pumpkin to create dimension.  I wanted the focal point to be the pumpkins, so I painted around the pumpkins with brown paint.


While the panel dried, I created leaves from Makin'sⓇ Clay green clay and a Leaf push mold.  I used Fireworks! Spray Ink to add color.


To create a 3 dimensional effect, I glued raffia around the pumpkin, then glued on the clay leaves.  FALL was free hand cut from felt and glued to the raffia.


A perfect panel to showcase Fall, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by.












1 comment:

Misty said...

Great sign Steph. Perfect for the season.
Good Work!