Friday, September 7, 2018

How to etch glass using the Proxxon glass engraving tool


Hi everyone.   Today I am going to show you just how cool the Proxxon glass engraving tool is.  I tell you what, it was way easier than I ever thought possible,  And fun too!!



Tools and equipment needed.
a spray bottle for water
tape (any kind should work)
something made of glass.   I used a plate.
rag
eye protection

The first thing I did was to choose a pattern that would fit onto my plate.  I chose this hummingbird because it had a fairly simple outline and I am a beginner at this.   I taped it to the bottom of the plate.  It will be easy to see because the glass is clear.



Below is a short video of me using the glass engraver tool. 


It was so easy to use.  I may look a little shaky in the video but I gained confidence as I went on.
look at all the little flowers I freehanded.  I may have got carried away a little bit, but hummingbirds do love flowers.   For inspiration I added "Fly" because to me that means freedom. 


I think this might turn into a hobby for me.  I enjoyed it so much.   I think I might be personalizing some glassware for presents: Thank you, happy birthday, congratulation...etc.    If you can hold a pencil and write you can do this!

Decided to go for it and try some personalizing.  Did some wine glasses for my friends.  The engraving will show up better I think with a little red wine.  👍😁



Thank you all for visiting.   I loved doing this. Sometimes trying out new things really works!!  and it is a kick!

Thanks Proxxon for making a great tool that is so easy to use that success is guaranteed!
Thanks Terri our fearless leader.

Till next time.... stay creative.🎨     and strong 💪    Carol



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol you have done it again This is something I could get into real easy Thanks for the idea and showing us something new love the humming bird bj

Cindy said...

Hey now this project is just so beautiful! I'm with you, you can make some really nice gifts with that engraver. Like the tutorial!

Misty said...

Carol You know I just love this new tool,
so much so, I am going to get one right away.
I can see 100 possibilities for using it.
Good Grief, just gifts for weddings and birthdays,
alone would keep one busy. Do you have any idea
how much money on gifts this could save
It is so light and easy to manage and does
such a great job of engraving on glass.
Pretty soon I wont
know which tool is my favorite. . . . so many are!!
Great work.