Thursday, July 18, 2019

HOW TO BUILD A PRIMITIVE STOVE BOARD

  Stove boards or sometimes known as noodle boards sit on the top of your stove covering your burners. They can be functional as a tray or just give you a little extra counter space when not using the stove. Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made one,


Supplies:
  Proxxon Micro Band Saw
  Proxxon Table Saw
  Proxxon Delta Sander
  1/2' sanded birch plywood
  3/4" pine boards, 4" wide
  Blk Paint Pen
  Wood Glue
  1" Brads and Brad Nailer
  Wood Stain
  Polyurethane


Measure the top of the stove. subtract 1 1/2" from the length and 3/4" from the width. Transfer these dimensions to your plywood.


Cut out with my Proxxon Micro Band Saw and sand any rough edges with the Proxxon Delta Sander,



It can be left plain but I chose to make it look old by painting on some vintage style topography with the blk paint pen,


Next cut the back and sides from the 3/4" pine boards using the Proxxon Table Saw.. Cut the back first.then the two sides. I drew a slope on each of the side pieces and cut out with the band saw,

Glue and nail back on then the two sides. Sand everything.



Stain with the color of your choice.

Finish with 2 coats of satin polyurethane.

I hope you enjoyed my project as much as I did making it.   Colleen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job

Carol Wulf said...

I love the artwork you did on this project and the finish is absolutely beautiful. Hard to believe you made this from plywood. And, who couldn't use more counter space. I know I sure could. Nice work.

Barbara Moore said...

Beautiful! It would make a nice addition to almost any kitchen. Great job and tutorial.