Thursday, June 18, 2020

How To Build A Colonial Clamp On Candle Holder

     Hi everyone! Today I'm going to show you how I made a simple clamp on candle holder. It could be used with a real taper candle or a battery powered candle. It could be clamped on a window sill or a table. On the edge of a desk would be cute also. It's just a cute little accent piece.  Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made it.


Materials List:

  • 2" pine scraps
  • Proxxon Micro Band Saw
  • Proxxon Delta Sander
  • Drill and Drill Bit
  • Wooden Candle Cup
  • Adjustable Thumb Screw
  • Plaid Paint-Black
  • Spray Polyurethane
.   

Draw out the pattern on the scrap pine.




Cut out the clamp with the Proxxon Micro Band Saw




Sand edges with the Proxxon Delta Sander.





Drill a starter hole for the candle cup. This will insure your wood wont split.  Attach candle cup with 1" wood screw.





Drill hole in bottom for thumb screw.




Test on edge of table for fit,



Remove screw and paint with Plaid Paint, I used Black.  After dry I sprayed the candle holder with clear polyurethane. Let dry. Insert thumb screw in bottom.  This will enable you to tighten it on the surface you choose.  Insert a battery operated taper candle or a wax candle.





Your clamp on candle holder is now ready to attach to whatever you wish.  I put it on the arm of a Windsor chair.




Thanks for following along with this project.    Colleen :-)







  
                                                                   

































3 comments:

Neko's Nook said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT! CAN"T WAIT TO MAKE ONE

Misty said...

Carol I think you are giving that carver a work out. Looking good, and I can't
wait to see the finish product.
Amazing what these little tools can do. Way to go.

Misty said...

Collen I am sorry I posted to the wrong
comment.
I liked your blog and thing it is very nice,