Thursday, August 19, 2021

How To Build A Window Shelf



 



Hi friends. I've been working on my spare bedroom. I just finished making new curtains and I wanted to build window shelves for the curtains to hang from. Follow me and I'll show you how I made them.



Supplies:

     Proxxon Micro Band Saw

     Proxxon Table Saw

     Proxxon Delta Sander 

     1 x 6" pine boards. 

     Paint of your choice

     Screws

     Wood Glue

I started by measuring my window casings to determine the length of my shelves.  I cut the length with the Proxxon Table Saw.  Next I drew a pattern for the brackets under the shelf and transferred it to my wood. I also cut these partially out with my Proxxon Table saw.

 




 

I cut the brackets out with the Proxxon Micro Band Saw.







Next I drilled a 1" hole in the bracket for my curtain rod and sanded everything with the Proxxon Delta Sander.








                  I positioned the brackets under the shelf and glued and screwed them together.








I painted them with the same color paint as my window trim. Mounted them above my window casings and tapped a tiny nail in each side of the bracket into my casings to secure them. I put my rods up through the holes on each side of the brackets and hung my curtains.  This was an easy project and I love how they look on my windows.  Thanks for following along with me.  Till next time ... Colleen :-)




No comments: