Thursday, January 6, 2022

How to make a unique picture frame

 Hi again.  I have a project today I think you might like.  I saw something similar somewhere but don't remember where.  I would like to give that person credit, but ... Anyway, I'm sure my memory is faulty so I'm sure there are several changes.  But I like how it turned out, and it was fun to make.  Thank you to whoever's design inspired me.

Supplies and Equipment

Proxxon mini table saw
Proxxon mini chop saw
Proxxon OZI/E delta sander
scrap wood 
wood glue
tape 
saw tooth picture hanger

I made this frame for a 6" x 8" painting.   The Cutting guide for that size is below.  Your picture may require different dimensions.





1st cut your scrap wood into 1" slats on the Proxxon mini table saw.   Then cut the sides to size. I cut them on the Proxxon mini chop saw.  We need 45 degree angles.  This is easy to set up on the Proxxon mini chop saw.  





Next I grabbed some more scrap wood that is basically the width I am looking for,  So using the Proxxon mini chop saw again, I can cut it to the sizes I need.   
Now that I have my basic window laid out, I glue it together and let it dry overnight.

It looks rough, but that was my intent.  I was aiming for a rough looking old window frame.

I added some paint.  I always use Plaid Paints ,  I painted the frame just like the windows on my house,  Then taped my picture to the back of the frame.

Now for the bricks.  Using the Proxxon mini chop saw again, I cut loads of little bricks roughly 2" long.  This is easy work using this tool.     I used approximately 50 long bricks, (3/4" x 2") and about 10 little short bricks.. (3/4" x 1")

 I glued them to the frame in a sort of random manner.  Put a picture hanger on the back and hung it on the wall.  


Hope you liked this project.  I had fun making it. 

Thanks for visiting.  Thanks you Proxxon for the tools that make it happen.   
Carol

proxxon.com

No comments: