Thursday, October 20, 2022

How to make a little shelf

 Hi out there.   Still being practical, I have a easy peasy project today.   Little organization projects can help you keep your wrrkshop neat.   Today let's make a little shelf because I need somewhere to put my glue so I can find it.  I wull be using Proxxon tools.



This can all be made out of one piece of 1 x 6" board.  I mainly am going to use my Proxxon mini table saw and my OZI/E delta sander and new cordless Proxxon mini belt sander.

First i want to cut my (U chose a 16" piece of fence board) on the Proxxon mini table saw.  Using the fence, I measure 4 inches from the fence to the saw blade and lock the fence.



This wood is too thin to simply glue them together, so I am going to make a groove to fit the2 pieces together.   This is easy to do again on the Proxxon mini table saw  I make my first cut 1/2" from the edge of the larger piece.  Remember to set the blade height at 2/3 the height of the board, so in this case at 1/4"


After the first cut I nudge the fence just a tiny bit outward and make another cut.  Look the groove has begun.  I do these 3 or 4 more times until I have the width of the groove the same size as the edge of the other piece of wood.  Now this wood can slip into the groove and this will hold it better than a "butt joint"


Convienetly, the Proxxon cordless mini belt sander is 1/2" and I can use it to smooth and sand my new groove.


next add glue to the groove and place the other piece of wood into the groove.  Make sure it sits at 90 degrees while the glue sets.

I used the Proxxon cordless rotary tool to make pilot holed from the back into the wood after the glue dried to reinforce the bond.  

A couple more pilot holes where i will screw it into the wall.    Now to find a place.


  

Here is a good place, on the back of the door.   Now I will always find my glue.  

Thanks Proxxon tool company.   and thank you all for visiting.        Carol

No comments: