Friday, March 10, 2017

A Ship, A Ship! Made with the help of Proxxon Tools!

I got started out on this terrific project with my Proxxon Tools and realized that it would have to be a two part project as it was going to take me longer than I thought to finish.

Items used in this project are: 
Proxxon Jigsaw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Proxxon Rotary Tool
Alcohol Inks
Colored Pencils
Hemp
Glue
Stick and Burn (for wood burning)
Wood burner
Acrylic Paint & Brushes


I started out with a rather large gourd and cut the top out of it with my Proxxon Jigsaw and cleaned the insides.

After I had cleaned the inside of the gourd I sanded it down smooth as much as possible with my Proxxon Delta Sander. Once the inside was cleaned and painted, I put a Stick and Burn (stick and burn is a product that has wood burning pictures printed on it, that can be wood burned through) ship that I had printed on a blank piece of it and smoothed it out. When I got that done I wood burned the ship's outline and then filled in the shading.




After your wood burning is finished ( and I must say it takes quite a while) you must peel off all of the Stick and Burn and wash the area thoroughly.
 


(I wasn't sure which one of these pictures was the better one so you got both of them.) Now all of the wood burning is finished, you are looking at the half completed project. Stay tuned for the completion of this piece! (I think you're going to like it!)

Barbara

No comments: