Friday, March 17, 2017

Butterflies and Flowers Wall Hanging

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here and I'm hoping and wishing for Sping.  With the new snowfall we recently got and with more on the way, I wanted to create a wall hanging that would have me thinking of Spring all the time.


I used the Delta Sander to sand a wood plaque I had in my stash.


Next, I added color to the plaque using Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dyes in Emerald City and Turquoise, blending the colors with a baby wipe.  I love how the dyes allowed the wood grain to remain visible after painting with Plaid Folk Art Ultra Dyes.  Originally I placed painters tape around the edges so the colors didn't run over the edges, but I decided to add the same colors around the edges after all.


Using Joy Clair stamps, I stamped a flock of butterflies on the left side of the plaque in black ink.  Then I used molding paste through several different stencils about the plaque.


Once the molding paste dried, I added some large flowers to the corner.  Then I added some butterflies created with Makin's Clay.


Finally I spritzed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist for some splotches of color.


The words are also stenciled on the plaque with molding paste.


Have I gotten you in the Spring mood yet? 

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: